Sunday, December 2, 2012

Rock Me by Cherrie Lynn

Candace Andrews, sweet girl, lives on her parents nickel as she goes to college, lives by their rules, lives a boring life.  Secretly she lusts after her cousins ex-boyfriend and really wants to walk on the wild side instead of always playing it safe.

Who better to help her break free of her goody-two shoes self than Brian Ross.  In an act off rebellion Candace shows up at Brian's tattoo parlor one night to get herself a little ink, and a little alone time with Brian.  A sweet heart, strategically placed.

They start spending time together, one things leads to another, they both discover that neither is really who everyone thinks they are, and that making snap judgement based on being "pampered" by your parents or being pierced and inked is probably not the best idea.

Dermamania, Brian's shop is a hangout for their crew of friends, and seems like a fun place to spend a Friday night, there is some drama between both families, some of it downright felonious and they need to decide whether they can work through all the crap and have a future, or take the easy path and just move on.

It's a great book, well written, well paced and plenty of steamy sex.  I also learned something new, I learned what an apadravya is, if you are squeamish, or a dude, or at work, you probably don't want to Google that, it's a male genital piercing even more hard core than a Prince Albert and I thought a PA was pretty hard core.  Although apparently it's a mutually enjoyable body modification.  I cannot imagine this is something I will experience in my lifetime and I am A-OK with that.

This is, wait, I know you're shocked, part of a series, only it's book two, which I read first, then I read book 1, Unleashed, which is a story about Brian's brother and then book 3 which is a story about Candace's friend Macy and Brian's friend and fellow ink-jockey Ghost (Seth).

Cherrie also has a couple of paranormal romances which I have yet to read, it's not a genre I tend to read a lot of, unless it's vampires.  She also just released an anthology with Olivia Cunning (Sole Regret/Sinners), Cari Quinn (Unveiled, Loved Required Hot Shots) and Stephanie Julian with a short story about Brian and Candace, so yay for a follow up of one of my favorite recent couples.

Buy one, buy 'em all, you're bound to enjoy.  Plus the inky pierced guys are about as much the rage as the super rich dude-virgin and menage relationships, so you'll be reading the same thing all us cool kids are reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment