Saturday, December 15, 2012

Where I Need to Be by Kimberly Knight

I picked this one up as a group read with one of my FB book groups.  It was released today and is a first book written by one of the members in the group.  It got bumped up ahead of the now... 228 (had to check the Kindle) books waiting to be read.

This is a well told romance between Spencer and Brandon.

As we meet Spencer she is drowning her sorrows in ice cream and watching The Voice (probably for the same reason I watch the Voice*).  Her roommate Ryan gives her the talking to that only a best friend can, kicks her in the ass and shoves her back in to life.

Spencer re-enters the world by joining a gym her job has asked her to write an article about.  The first night there on the treadmill she meets her very own "Gideon Cross"; I loved the meta-ness of this, a book inside a book, like Inception... but I digress, after some smiling and flirting neither does anything about it.

As fate would have it they both end up in an airport on the same flight to Vegas, then the same club where they do some serious dirty dancing, the kind even Patrick Swayze probably couldn't handle, and then end up at the same poker table in Vegas, Fate is a crafty bitch.  

They return home to San Francisco and run in to each other again at the gym and their relationship blossoms.  Turns out he's the gyms owner.

There's a crazy ex-girlfriend with some serious drama, and the two main characters just coming of long term-ish relationships trying to figure out where they belong, and if that place is with each other....

Things don't tie up neatly, it's book one of a series, and you know me, I'm a series whore.  I'll be eagerly awaiting the next release.

Kudos Kimberly, I only hope when my first book gets published it's as good as yours and people enjoy it even half as much, because so far all the buzz I've read and heard is positive and well deserved.

* Namaste to you too Adam...


No comments:

Post a Comment