Sunday, November 18, 2012

Heart of a Soldier by Tamara Hoffa

Boroughs Publishing Group has come up with a new series of short story line called Lunchbox Romance, stories meant to be read and enjoyed while you're on break at work, or wherever the mood strikes you for a short but sweet love story.

This is the story of Charlie and Jamie. Charlie is a widow with a son who is eager to enlist in the army when he finishes high school  Times being what they are Charlie is obviously anxious about Evan, her only child going off to war.  Evan takes his mother with him to meet the recruiter.

Ah the recruiter, the quintessential soldier, tall, handsome, and brave.  Jamie is stateside working as a recruiter while a shoulder injury heals.

There is a spark right away between the soldier and the widow.  Jamie does his best to assuage Charlie's fears, and thinks maybe he could be more helpful in calming her by taking her out to dinner.  The first date is a disaster, but when things are meant to be love always finds a way.

This was a charming read and a strong first effort for Tamara.  I will also say I very much like the idea of short easy to consume love stories.  Don't get me wrong gentle readers, you know I loves me a series, but this was enjoyable, and I'd be interested in not only reading more from the series but also reading more from Tamara.

My thanks to Tamara and the Boroughs Group for providing me with a review copy of the story.  However, I would have gladly paid the $.99 to purchase the story, and considering how many books I purchase and how picky I am with my Kindle budget that's saying something.

No comments:

Post a Comment