Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Magick of Christmas by Susan Mac Nicol

I had the pleasure of reading another of the sweet short stories from Buroughs over my winter break, this one by new author Sue Mac Nicol.

Though not my usual genre, vampires are about as far as I go into supernatural, and even then it's only 3 authors or so I read, I found this short story about a witch in London to be a pleasant read.

Stacey goes for her morning coffee every day and lately Mr. Hunky has been showing up in line and all the ladies are drooling over his fine, fine self.  Sure, she could say hello, but she's self conscious about a limp she has and well, just walking up to a stranger is always awkward and weird, fear of rejection always looms large (at least that's what I recall from my singleton days).

After one morning of intense staring and fantasizing Stacey heads to her office, coffee in hand, only to have Mr. Hunky, whose name is actually Nicholas show up at her desk to pick up a file, turns out he's a client for the lawyer she works for, I love how the Universe works.

When handing him the file Stacey also passes through an attraction spell.  Nicholas asks her out and they have a wonderful time, with all kinds of twists and surprises.  Too much more would give it all away.

It was a fun read, and it takes place in London, a place with which I am obsessed and hope to visit one day soon.  If supernatural is your thing and you're as interested in London as I am be sure to pick this one up.

I'm looking forward to reading her other short story and maybe I'll even expand my horizons into some other supernatural books.  If you've got a good suggestion please leave it in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment